Sandra Patricia Hirst
Associate Professor Emerita of Nursing
Faculty of Nursing, Emeriti
B.S.N. Nursing, University of Ottawa, 1977
Doctor of Philosophy Nursing, University of Alberta, 1999
M.S. Nursing, University of Edinburgh, 1978
Sandra P. Hirst RN, PhD, GNC(C) has held a number of leadership positions in gerontology including: President of the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association and president of the Canadian Association on Gerontology. She served a three year appointment from the Prime Minster to sit on the National Seniors Council. Her scholarship focuses on abuse of older adults and the experiences of older adults in long term care facilities. Sandra was Director of the Brenda Strafford Centre for Excellence in Gerontological Nursing from 2008 to 2013. In 2012, Sandra received the Jeanne Mance award from the Canadian Nurses Association.
Areas of Research
- ARNET Education / Travel Award, 2015
- CAFA Distinguished Academic Award, 2015
- nomination / in review, 2015
- CAFA Distinguished Academic Award, 2014
- Certification, 2014
- Jeanne Mance, Canadian Nurses Association. 2012
- Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Medal, Government of Canada. 2012
- Honourary Life membership, 2011
- Honourary Member, Canadian Gerontogical Nursing Association. 2011
- Lifetime Achievement Award, 2009
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.