J. David Patterson, MN RN CCSNE
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Faculty of Nursing
Canadian Certified Simulation Nurse Educator, Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing, 2022
Registered Nurse, College of Registered Nurses of Alberta, 2008
Bachelor of Nursing Nursing, University of Calgary, 2008
Master of Nursing Nursing, University of Calgary, 2019
Dave Patterson graduated from the University of Calgary with both a Bachelor of Nursing degree and a Master of Nursing degree. His MN was focused on nursing education utilizing interprofessional education simulations.
Dave has been an instructor with the University of Calgary's Faculty of Nursing since 2011 and retired from the role as a Community Health Educator for Alberta Health Services' Calgary Zone Perinatal Education Program in November 2020. As a previous Level II NICU Nurse, he works with parents and fathers transitioning to their new role.
Dave is currently working with students as they begin their transition to professional nurses and has taught throughout Terms 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 of the undergraduate nursing curriculum.
Areas of Research
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|NURS 599||Integrate Nurs Role & Pract VI||Winter 2022|
|NURS 585||THE DISCIPLINE AND PROFESSION OF NURSING V: TRANSITION TO PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE||Spring 2022|
- Faculty of Nursing Pursuit of Excellence Awards - Outstanding Team Award - Term 8, UCalgary Faculty of Nursing. 2021
- Covenant Health Faculty of Nursing Awards - Team Award _ Term 4, UCalgary Faculty of Nursing. 2015
- Hero of the Flood, Government of Alberta. 2014
- CARNA Nursing Excellence in Education Award - NOMINEE, College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta. 2013
- Karen Gammie Graduate Scholarship, UCalgary Faculty of Nursing. 2012
- Nursing Practice Instructor Scholarship, UCalgary Faculty of Nursing. 2012