Dr. Zahra Goodarzi, BHSc. MD. MSc. FRCPC
Cumming School of Medicine
Leaders In Medicine
Hotchkiss Brain Institute
Mathison Centre for Mental Health Research and Education
O'Brien Institute for Public Health
Dr. Zahra Goodarzi is an academic geriatrician. She completed residency training in Internal Medicine and Geriatrics at the University of Calgary. Most recently Dr. Goodarzi completed her Master of Science in Community Health Sciences specializing in Health Services Research. She is currently an Assistant Professor in the Section of Geriatrics within the Department of Medicine and Department of Community Health Sciences at the University of Calgary.
Her major research interests involve knowledge translation, knowledge synthesis and qualitative methods to improve the lives of older adults. Her specific methodological expertise is in synthesis, qualitative methods, multi methods, pathway development, guideline development, surveys and implementation science.
Her work has focused on mental illness and neuropsychiatric symptoms in older adults or those with neurodegenerative disorder. She also examines the experiences of older adults living in supportive living and long term care with frailty, concomitant mood disorders or neuropsychiatric symptoms.
Her current work looks at the development of clinical pathways for mood disorders, frailty and dementia across the care continuum in clinic, long term care and emergency room. She is co-lead for the Geriatric Emergency Medicine Team - working on quality improvement and implementation of evidence based interventions to help older adult care.
Areas of Research
Participation in university strategic initiatives
- Top 40 Under 40 https://www.avenuecalgary.com/top-40-under-40/2021/zahra-goodarzi/, Avenue Magazine. 2021
In the News
- New research seeks to enhance palliative and end-of-life care.
- Effective Strategies for Managing Anxiety.
- U of C research projects chosen to strengthen pandemic preparedness in long-term care homes.
- Top 40 Under 40 2021. https://www.avenuecalgary.com/top-40-under-40/2021/zahra-goodarzi/.
- Canadian Frailty Network Summer Student Work .
- Dr. Zahra Goodarzi: Exploring depression telemedicine interventions for older adults.
- How can we best help older adults with depression via remote treatment?.
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.