Tara Jorgensen, M.A.
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Global Learning Advisor
University of Calgary International
Office: +1 (403) 210-6220
MA International Education, SIT Graduate Institute, 2014
BA Political Science and Japanese Language & Literature, University of Alberta, 2008
With over 20 years of experience with international education programs, Tara has had the unique opportunity to not only study but also live abroad 3 times so far for a total of 4 years. She began her international journey on her Rotary Youth Exchange to Taipei, Taiwan in high school, then went on a university exchange to Meiji University in Tokyo, Japan. Finally, she came full circle in her education and completed her master's degree in International Education at SIT Graduate Institute in Vermont, USA. (Master's thesis: Jorgensen, Tara. Yes Means はい, Oui, Sí: Cross Culturally Competent Sexual Assault Prevention for International Education Programs 2014.)
Tara is an avid reader and Bookcrosser and enjoys performing in community musical theatre productions and with her choir.
International experience: studied at Taipei First Girls HS (Taiwan), Meiji University (Japan), SIT Graduate Institute (USA)
Languages spoken: English, Japanese
- Log in to the Advising Portal
- From the left-hand menu, select "Advising", then "Study Abroad". Read the introductory text, then select "Study Abroad Appointment Calendar".
- Select "Book by Provider" to view Tara's calendar and make an appointment.
While Global Learning Advisors can provide general information about all programs, Tara is the advisor for these specific programs.
- Exchange, research, and internship opportunities in:
- Asia (China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore)
- South Africa
- Select 2022 Group Study Programs:
- Hawai'i Art Photography
- History of Ireland
- Passport to Spanish Culture in Alcalá de Henares
To view each program's webpage, or browse all available programs, use the online Program Finder!