Office: +1 (403) 220-6180
Office: Social Sciences 446
Doctor of Philosophy Economics, Unversity of St Gallen, 2009
M.S. Economics, Free University of Brussels, 2004
B.S. Economics, Zurich University, 2003
Stefan Staubli is an Associate Professor at the University of Calgary. His research interests are in the areas of public, labor, and health economics. In particular, his current research focuses on the work disincentive effects of disability insurance programs, the impact of retirement programs on labor supply and health, and the interaction effects among different social insurance programs. He is a research affiliate at CEPR and a research fellow at NBER and IZA.
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|ECON 401||Public Sector Economics: Expenditures||Winter 2022|
|ECON 653||Public Revenue Analysis||Winter 2022|
- The Accident Externality from Trucking . Lucija Muehlenbachs, Stefan Staubli, Ziyan Chu. Regional Science and Urban Economics. (2021)
- Fatal Attraction? Extended Unemployment Benefits, Labor Force Exits, and Mortality . Andreas Kuhn, Stefan Staubli, Jean-Philippe Wuellrich, Josef Zweimüller. Journal of Public Economics. (2020)
- Financial Incentives and Earnings of Disability Insurance Recipients: Evidence from a Notch Design. Philippe Ruh, Stefan Staubli. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy. (2019)
- How Much Do Means-Tested Benefits Reduce the Demand for Annuities? . Monika Bütler, Kim Peijnenburg, Stefan Staubli. Journal of Pension Economics and Finance. (2017)
- Disability Benefit Generosity and Labor Force Withdrawal . Kathleen Mullen, Stefan Staubli. Journal of Public Economics. (2016)
- Extended Unemployment Benefits and Early Retirement: Program Complementarity and Program Substitution. Lukas Inderbitzin, Stefan Staubli, Josef Zweimüller. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy. (2016)
- The Effect of Inspector Group Size on Enforcement and Deterrence. Lucija Muehlenbachs, Stefan Staubli, Mark Cohen. Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists. (2016)
- Financial work incentives for disability benefit recipients: Lessons from a randomized field experiment. Monika Bütler, Eva Deuchert, Michael Lechner, Stefan Staubli, Petra Thiemann. IZA Journal of Labor Policy. (2015)
- Does Raising the Early Retirement Age Increase Employment of Older Workers? . Stefan Staubli, Josef Zweimüller. Journal of Public Economics. (2013)
- How Much Does Annuity Demand React to a Large Price Change? . Monika Bütler, Stefan Staubli. Scandinavian Journal of Economics. (2013)
- The Impact of Stricter Criteria for Disability Insurance on Labor Force Participation . Journal of Public Economics. (2011)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.