Ms Shuyin Yu, HBA, MA
MA English Literature (Course Based), University of Calgary,
BA (Hons) High Distinction Specialist in English Literature, Minor in Creative Expressions and Society, University of Toronto,
My primary research interests are located at the intersections of critical race theory (focusing on East Asian diaspora studies), queer theory (specifically asexuality studies), and feminist theory; most of my work is on children’s and young adult literature, cultural studies, food studies, and creative writing.
I currently serve as the English Department Graduate Association (EDGA) Treasurer (2019-2021) and a Graduate Scholar at the University of Calgary Graduate College. I formerly served as Co-Chair (2018-2020) of the University of Calgary, Department of English, Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference Free-Exchange.
- Doctoral Fellow, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. 2021
- “Simple Models and Minority Recipes: Model Minorities and Their Cooking in Madeleine Thien’s ‘Simple Recipes’.” . 10-17. (2016)
- Consumption and the Literary Cookbook, edited by Roxanne Harde and Janet Wesselius, Routledge. 52-63. (2021)
- University of Calgary Emeriti Association LAR Life After Retirement Newsletter, vol. 27, no. 2. 4. (2021)
- Astigmatism, edited by Vivek Shraya. (2018)
- Scholastic Art and Writing Awards (Gold Medal Recipient) . (2014)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.