Serasu Duran, PhD
Haskayne School of Business, Operations and Supply Chain Management [OSCM]
For media enquiries, contact
Senior Communications Strategist, Haskayne School of Business
Ph.D. Operations Management, Northwestern University, 2018
M.S. Operations Management, Northwestern University, 2017
M.S. Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University, 2012
B.S. Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University, 2010
I am an assistant professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at Haskayne School of Business. My main research focus is energy-related and sustainable operations management; with a particular interest on the impacts of new technologies and disruptions on existing supply chains.
Prior to joining Haskayne, I completed my PhD studies at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University.
Areas of Research
Participation in university strategic initiatives
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|OPMA 317||Fundamentals of Operations and Supply Chain Management||Winter 2022|
|OPMA 601||Operations Management||Winter 2022|
- Cleaning after solar panels: applying a circular outlook to clean energy research. Serasu Duran, Atalay Atasu, and Luk N. Van Wassenhove. International Journal of Production Research. (2022)
- An analysis of renewable mini-grid projects for rural electrification. Serasu Duran and Feyza Sahinyazan. Socio-Economic Planning Sciences. (2021)
- B.C. floods reveal fragile food supply chains — 4 ways to manage the crisis now and in the future. Serasu Duran and Feyza Sahinyazan. The Conversation. (2021)
- Why renewable energy ‘mini-grids’ in remote communities fail and how to avoid it. Serasu Duran and Feyza Sahinyazan. The Conversation. (2021)
- The Dark Side of Solar Power . Atalay Atasu, Serasu Duran, and Luk N. Van Wassenhove. Harvard Business Review. (2021)
In the News
- The new cost of construction. Business in Calgary Magazine. (2022)
- Alberta posts highest construction levels in years, but supply chain woes impede projects. CBC News. (2021)
- 'Solar trash tsunami': How solar power is driving a looming environmental crisis . National Post. (2021)
- Dark Side To Solar? More Reports Tie Panel Production To Toxic Pollution. Forbes. (2021)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.