Haskayne School of Business, Entrepreneurship and Innovation [ENTI]
Robson Professorship in Entrepreneurship
Haskayne School of Business
For media enquiries, contact
Senior Communications Strategist, Haskayne School of Business
Doctor of Philosophy Management and Organization, University of Southern California, 2003
Master of Arts Communications Management, University of Southern California, 1990
Master of Arts Cultural Anthropology, University of Chicago, 1989
Bachelor of Arts (with high distinction) Anthropology, University of Michigan, 1987
Prior to joining the Haskayne School in 2016, Seok-Woo has taught at Temple University, University of California at Riverside, University of Kentucky, and University of Southern California. He is one of the inaugural recipients of the Robert K. Merton Visiting Research Fellowship at Linköping University, and visited the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado, Boulder.
His research has been published in Academy of Management Review, American Sociological Review, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management, Management Science, Organization Science, and Social Forces. He has won multiple awards including W. Richard Scott Award for Distinguished Scholarship, 2014; Academy of Management Review Decade Award, 2012; Best AMR Paper of 2002 Award.
Areas of Research
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|ENTI 411 LEC 01 01||Technology Commercialization||Winter 2022|
|ENTI 611 LEC 01 01||Technology Commercialization||Fall 2021|
- Robert K. Merton Fellowship in Economic Sociology, Linkoping University, Sweden. 2019
- W. Richard Scott Award for Distinguished Scholarship, Section on Organizations, Occupations, and Work, American Sociological Association. 2014
- Academy of Management Review Decade Award, Academy of Management. 2012
- Overall research impact ranked 108th among more than 25,000 authors included in the database, Journal of Management. 2008
- Outstanding Paper based on a Dissertation Award in the Health Care Management Division, Academy of Management. 2005
- W.H. Newman Award for best paper based on a dissertation at the Academy of Management meetings, Academy of Management. 2005
- Academy of Management Review 2002 Best Paper Award, Academy of Management. 2003
- Finalist for the 2002 INFORMS/Organization Science Dissertation Proposal Competition, INFORMS/Organization Science. 2002
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.