B.S. Biological Sciences, University of New Brunswick, 1996
Doctor of Philosophy Biological Sciences, Laval University, 2005
M.S. Biological Sciences, University of New Brunswick, 2000
Areas of Research
My research program focuses on the ecological genomics of population persistence and adaptation to environmental change, using marine and freshwater fishes to test evolutionary predictions.
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|BIOL 528A||Research Project in Biological Sciences||Fall 2022|
|BIOL 601.05||Ecology & Evolutionary BIOL I||Fall 2022|
|BIOL 528B||Research Project in Biological Sciences||Winter 2023|
|BIOL 601.06||Ecology & Evolutionary BIOL II||Winter 2023|
- Alberta Education and Technology, 2012
- Killam Emerging Research Leader Award, 2012
- CFI Leaders Opportunity Award, 2011
- Alberta Innovates-Technology Futures Ingenuity New Faculty Award, 2010
- Alberta Innovates Technology Futures New Faculty Award, Alberta Innovates Technology Futures. 2014
In the News
- Evolution at lightning speed: fish adapts in just three years. ABC News and American Free Press. (2010)
- Morris, M.R.J., Kaufman, R. and Rogers, S.M. 2019. Heterozygosity and asymmetry: Ectodysplasin as a form of genetic stress in marine threespine stickleback. Evolution, 73-2: 378–389
- Thompson, M., Rogers, S.M., Scott Seamone, S. and Timothy E. Higham. 2018. Angling-induced injuries reduce suction feeding performance in marine shiner perch, Cymatogaster aggregata. Journal of Experimental Biology 221, jeb180935.
- Morris, M.R.J., Bowles, E., Allen, B.E., Jamniczky, H., and Rogers, S.M. 2018. Contemporary ancestor? Adaptive divergence from standing genetic variation in Pacific marine threespine stickleback. BMC Evolutionary Biology, 18:113
- Allen, B., Bowles, E., Morris, M. and Rogers, S.M. 2018 Genotype by sequencing reveals population structure and temporal genetic changes of recreational Walleye (Sander vitreus) populations in Alberta, Canada. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 75: 1644–1651.
- Stanford, B.C.M. and Rogers, S.M. 2018. R(NA)-tistic Expression: the art of matching unknown mRNA and proteins to environmental response in ecological genomics (Perspective). Molecular Ecology 27: 827–830
- Rogers, S.M., Schuqing, Xu, and Philipp M. Schluter. 2017. Preface to the Special Issue: Integrative molecular ecology is rapidly advancing the study of adaptation and speciation, Molecular Ecology 26, 1-6,
- Higham, T., Rogers, S., Langerhans, R., Lauder, G., Martin, C., Jamniczky, H., Stewart, W., Reznick, D. 2016. Speciation through the lens of biomechanics: A multidisciplinary approach using fish locomotion and prey capture. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B, 283(1838): 20161294
- Allen, B., Anderson, M., Mee, J.A., Coombs, M. and Rogers S.M. 2016. The role of genetic background in the introgressive hybridization of Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) with Westslope Cutthroat Trout (O. clarkii lewisi) in Alberta, Canada, Conservation Genetics, 17, 521-531. preprint pdf
- Chebib, J.M., Renaut, S., Bernatchez, L., and Rogers, S.M. 2016. Genetic structure and within-generation genome scan analysis of fisheries-induced evolution in a lake whitefish (Coregonus clupeaformis) population. Conservation Genetics, 17(2), 473-483
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.