Ryan T. Schroeder, PhD
Faculty of Kinesiology
PhD Biomedical Engineering, University of Calgary & Edith Cowan University (cotutelle program), 2020
MSc Mechanical Engineering, Specialty in Dynamics and Controls, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2014
BSc Mechanical Engineering , University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2013
Areas of Research
Dr. Schroeder’s work investigates human locomotion responses to dynamic or novel environments. He uses trajectory optimization models that predict energetically efficient movement patterns to compare or contrast with empirical data on humans learning novel tasks. The ultimate goal of this work is to understand fundamental motivations for preferred movement patterns (e.g. energy minimization) in humans that can inform design of mechanical aides such as prosthetic limbs and exoskeletons.
- Schroeder, RT, Kuo, AD. PLoS Computational Biology. (2021)
- Schroeder, RT, Croft, JL, Bertram, JEA. Scientific Reports. (2021)
- Schroeder, RT, Bertram, JEA, Nguyen, VS, Hac, VV, Croft, JL. Journal of Experimental Biology. (2019)
- Croft, JL, Schroeder, RT, Bertram, JEA. Journal of Experimental Biology. (2018)
- Schroeder, RT, Bertram, JEA. Frontiers in Robotics and AI. (2018)
- Schroeder, RT, Bertram, JEA. PLoS ONE. (2018)
- Polet, DT, Schroeder, RT, Bertram, JEA. Journal of Experimental Biology . (2017)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.