Dr. Richa Pandey, Ph.D.
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Schulich School of Engineering, Department of Electrical and Software Engineering
Schulich School of Engineering, Centre for Bioengineering and Education
For graduate supervision, collaboration and industry partnership please send an email.
A graduate student position (MSc or PhD) is available in the lab of Dr. Richa Pandey in the Department of Electrical and Software Engineering and Centre for Bioengineering Research and Education at the University of Calgary. The graduate student will develop advanced sensing materials, devices and assays for wearable biosensing applications.
Please email your CV with a subject line “Graduate student application- NAME”.
Ph.D. Physical Electronics, Tel Aviv University, 2018
Dr. Richa Pandey completed her Ph.D. in Physical Electronics from Tel Aviv University in Israel. During her Ph.D., she was awarded Marie Skłodowska Curie Early-stage research Fellowship. In her Ph.D. She developed wearable sensor technology-“Chip-on-Plant” for precision agriculture application, which created a US based startup. After Ph.D., Richa joined the Department of Engineering Physics at McMaster University for postdoctoral research. Here she developed point of care molecular diagnostic tests for infectious disease such as COVID-19 and UTI, which are now licensed to Canadian companies. Her research interests lie in the area of wearable and bio-integrated technologies for healthcare applications. More specifically, she is interested in developing wearable molecular diagnostic platforms for early disease detection and management, fabricating high performance materials with unique surface morphology using a combination of printing and solution-based approach, and developing flexible electronic devices for tissue engineering and therapeutics applications.
- Marie Sklodowska Curie Fellowship , Marie Sklodowska Curie Association.
- Excellence Award , Marian Gertner Institute for Medical Nanosystems.
- Food Security Fellowship , Manna Center for Food Safety and Security.
Dr. Pandey's research lies at the interface of Materials Engineering, Life-sciences, and Electrical Engineering to develop bio-integrated electronic systems with a wide variety of applications such as healthcare, military, environment, and personal care. Our vision is to create disruptive technologies by using a multidisciplinary and translational approach to empower people. Dr. Pandey's lab is based at Centre for Bioengineering Research and Education- an interdisciplinary collection of faculties, engaged in advancing quality of life of people at University of Calgary. Please visit the labs website for more information on projects.
- Pandey, R., Chan, D., Hoare,T., Li, Y-F., Soleymani, L. (2021) Integrating programmable DNAzymes with electrical readout for rapid and culture-free bacterial detection using a handheld platform. Nature Chemistry. IF- 21.6. Featured in Daily News UK, and Eureka Alert (AAAS).
- Pandey,R.,* Zhang,Z.,* Li, J.,* et.al., (2021) High affinity dimeric aptamers enable rapid electrochemical detection of wild-type and b.1.1.7 sars-cov-2 in unprocessed saliva. Angewandte Chemie (In press). IF- 12.9 *co-first authors
- Jangid. K., Sahu. R.P., Pandey. R., Chen. R., Zhitomirsky.I.,Puri. I.K. (2021) Multiwalled carbon nanotubes coated with nitrogen–sulfur co-doped activated carbon for detecting fenitrothion. ACS Appl. Nano Mater. 4 (5), 4781–4789.
- Saha. S., Allelein. S., Pandey. R., Medina-Perez. P., Kuhlmeier, D., Soleymani. L. (2021) Reverse concentration-to-signal electrochemical assay: a method for analyzing cancer-related microRNA embedded in extracellular vesicles. ACS Sensors (In press). IF- 7.1.
- Pandey.R.,* Lu,Y.,* Osman.E., Zhang,Z.,Smieja,M., Li, Y-F., Soleymani, L., Hoare,T. (2021). Rapid, culture free and wash free electrochemical quantification of the bacteria using magnetic microgel beads. Angewandte Chemie (Submitted), IF- 10.7 *co-first authors
- Victorious, A., Saha, S., Pandey, R, Soleymani, L. (2020). Enhancing the sensitivity of photoelectrochemical DNA biosensing using plasmonic DNA barcodes and differential signal readout. Angewandte Chemie. 60 (13), 7316-7322. IF- 12.9
- Traynor, S. M., Wang, G. A., Pandey, R., Li, F., & Soleymani, L. (2020). Dynamic bio‐barcode assay enables electrochemical detection of a cancer biomarker in undiluted human plasma: a sample‐in‐answer‐out approach. Angewandte Chemie. 59(50), 22617-22622. IF- 12.9, Featured in Advanced Science News and Diagnostic World News.
- Saha, S., Victorious, A., Pandey, R., Clifford, A., Zhitomirsky, I., & Soleymani, L. (2020). Differential photoelectrochemical biosensing using dna nanospacers to modulate electron transfer between metal and semiconductor nanoparticles. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 12(33), 36895-36905. IF- 8.7
- Hosseini, A., Pandey, R., Osman, E., Victorious, A., Li, F., Didar, T., & Soleymani, L. (2020). Roadmap to the bioanalytical testing of covid-19: from sample collection to disease surveillance. ACS sensors. 5(11), 3328–3345. IF- 6.9
- Traynor, S. M., Pandey, R., Maclachlan, R., Hosseini, A., Didar, T. F., Li, F., & Soleymani, L. (2020). Recent advances in electrochemical detection of prostate specific antigen (PSA) in clinically-relevant samples. Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 167(3), 037551. IF- 3.7
- Sakib, S., Pandey, R., Soleymani, L., & Zhitomirsky, I. (2020). Surface modification of TiO2 for photoelectrochemical DNA biosensors. Medical Devices & Sensors, 3(2), e10066.
- Pandey, R.*, Yadav, A.,* Liao, T. W., Zharinov, V. S., Hu, K. J., Vernieres, J., ... & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2020). A platinum–nickel bimetallic nanocluster ensemble-on-polyaniline nanofilm for enhanced electrocatalytic oxidation of dopamine. Nanoscale, 12(10), 6047-6056. IF- 6.9 *co-first authors
- Pandey, R.,* Victorious, A.,* Saha, S.,* Didar, T., & Soleymani, L. (2019). Affinity-based detection of biomolecules using photo-electrochemical readout. Frontiers in chemistry, 7, 617. IF- 3.9 *co-first authors
- Pandey, R., Teig-Sussholz, O., Schuster, S., Avni, A., & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2018). Integrated electrochemical Chip-on-Plant functional sensor for monitoring gene expression under stress. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 117, 493-500. IF- 10.7
- Pandey, R., Friedberg, S., Beggiato, M., Sverdlov, Y., Lishnevsky, K., Demarchi, D., & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2018). Highly conductive copper film on inkjet-printed porous silver seed for flexible electronics. Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 165(5), D236. IF- 3.7
- Fiaschi, G., Cosentino, S., Pandey, R., Mirabella, S., Strano, V., Maiolo, L., ... & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2018). A novel gas-phase mono and bimetallic clusters decorated Zno nanorods electrochemical sensor for 4-aminophenol detection. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 811, 89-95. IF- 3.2
- Pandey, R., Jian, N., Inberg, A., Palmer, R. E., & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2017). Copper metallization of gold nanostructure activated polypyrrole by electroless deposition. Electrochimica Acta, 246, 1210-1216. IF- 6.2
- Beggiato, M., Pandey, R., Sverdlov, Y., Inberg, A., Demarchi, D., & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2017). Flexible electrochemical biochip array of patterned gold on silver inkjet printed polyimide. ECS Transactions, 77(11), 893.
- Pandey, R., Almog, R. O., Sverdlov, Y., & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2017). Self-aligned electrochemical fabrication of gold nanoparticle decorated polypyrrole electrode for alkaline phosphatase enzyme biosensing. Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 164(4), B168. IF- 3.7
- Pandey, R., Yoetz-Kopelman, T., Freeman, A., & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2017). Modeling of suspended vs. immobilized whole-cell amperometric biosensors. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 238, 1248-1257. IF- 7.1
- Almog, R. O., Pandey, R., Sverdlov, Y., & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2015). Gold nanoparticle metallization of flexible Conducting Polymer Electrode. ECS Transactions, 66(19), 1.
- Pandey, R., Francis, A. P., Ramaprabhu, S., & Devasena, T. (2014). Graphene based electrochemical biosensor: extending the horizon of clinical diagnostics. Graphene, 2(1), 22-27.
- Ben-Yoav H., Ragones H., Pandey R., Fiaschi G., Shacham-Diamand Y. (2020) Electrodes for Cell Sensors Interfacing. In: Thouand G. (eds) Handbook of Cell Biosensors. Springer.
- Avni, A., Pandey, R., Teig-Sussholz, O., Schuster, S., & Shacham-Diamand, Y. (2018, August). Plant Based electro-mechanical Biosensor for Functional Precision Agriculure. In: In vitro cellular & developmental biology-plant. Springer.