Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Haskayne School of Business, PhD
Senior Communications Strategist, Haskayne School of Business
Office: +1 (403) 220-2986
B.A. Psychology, University of Buffalo, 1977
Doctor of Philosophy Comm, Manag & Bus Admin, Wisconsin - Madison, 1985
M.S. Comm, Manag & Bus Admin, Wisconsin - Madison, 1981
Peter D. Sherer is an associate professor at the Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Prior to joining the Haskayne School, he was a faculty member at the University of Illinois, the University of Oregon, and the Wharton School.
He teaches MBA, Ph.D., and executive MBA courses. His teaching interests include strategic human resource management, organizational theory, business strategy, and research methods. He has been the recipient of six teaching awards during his years at the Haskayne School of Business, the University of Oregon, and the Wharton School. He was recognized in 2005 as one of the top MBA professors in Canada by Canadian Business.
He has published a number of articles in leading journals and his work has appeared in major research volumes. Professor Sherer (along with K. Lee) was awarded the Best Paper of 2002 in the Academy of Management Journal by the Academy of Management for his paper on institutional change in law firms. The paper was also recognized by the editorial board of the Academy of Management Journal (February, 2006) as one of the most interesting academic journal articles in management over the last 100 years.
Professor Sherer is on the editorial board of the Academy of Management Journal.
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|MGST 705 LEC 01 01||Critical Research Assessment||2021|
|MGST 783 LEC 01 01||AdvResearchMethodology&Method||2021|
- PhD Teaching Award, Haskayne School of Business. 2018
- PhD Teaching Award, 2016
- MBA Society Teaching Award, 2014, 2014
- Associate Fellow, Said Business School, Oxford University, 2013
- MBA Society Teaching Award, 2012
- Associate Fellow, Said Business School, Oxford University, 2011
- MBA Teaching Award, 2006
- Dean's Teaching Award, 2005
- MBA Society Teaching Award, 2005
- Top Canadian Business Professors, 2005
- Recepient of 2002 Best Paper Award, The Academy of Management Journal, 2003
- Recepient of 2002 Best Paper Award, The Academy of Management Journal, 2002
- Sherer, P.D., P. Cappelli (Ed.). Understanding Employment in the 21st Century, Cambridge, GB. Cambridge University Press,. 179-222. (2008)
- Sherer, P. D.. The American Lawyer, May. 155-157. (2008)
- Sherer, P. D., L. Empson (Ed.). Managing Law Firms, Oxford, GB: Oxford University Press. 162-185. (2007)
- Sherer, P. D. and K. Lee. Academy of Management Journal, 45 (Feb.). 102-119. (2002)