Patricia Tang, MD
Cumming School of Medicine, Department of Medicine
Cumming School of Medicine, Department of Oncology
Arnie Charbonneau Cancer Institute
B.S. Medicine, University of Alberta, 1997
Doctor of Medicine Medicine, University of Alberta, 2000
Dr. Patricia Tang is a medical oncologist at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre. She completed her MD with Distinction and Honors in Research at the University of Alberta, oncology training at the University of Calgary, followed by a drug development fellowship focusing on design of early phase clinical trials and biomarker development at the Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto. She was awarded an American Society of Clinical Oncology Young Investigator Award in 2007 and the Ralph Meyer Phase III Program Young Investigator Award in 2016. Currently, she is the Southern Alberta Gastrointestinal Tumor Group Leader, the Alberta Representative to 3CTN, as well as the Centre Representative for the Tom Baker Cancer Centre for CCTG. Her clinical area of expertise is in gastrointestinal malignancies and breast cancer. She is a junior member of the NCI Colon Task force, and has reviewed grants for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation as well as Pancreatic Cancer Canada.
Areas of Research
- Health services research
Dr. Tang’s research interests are clinical trials, investigational new drugs, and health services. She is currently collaborating with Drs. Simon and Sinnarajah on developing an early palliative care pathway for metastatic colorectal cancer patients funded by CIHR and Alberta Health.
- Teaching Award for Evidence Based Medicine, 2009
- Chancellor's Club Scholarship, 2008
- Medical Oncology Fellows Teaching Award for Evidence Based Medicine, 2007
- Queens M Esdale Memorial Scholarship, 2007
- European Society of Medical Oncology Travel Award, 2006
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit Award, 2000
- University of Alberta Undergraduate Scholarship: Golden Key National Honour Society, 1998
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Young Investigator Award, 1997
- Louise McKinney Post-Secondary Scholarship, 1993
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.