Dr. Olga Kovalchuk, PhD, MD
Arnie Charbonneau Cancer Institute
PhD Genetics, Ukrainian National Scientific Centre of Medical Genetics and Hygiene, 1998
MD Medicine, Ivano-Frankivsk State Medical Academy, 1994
Dr. Olga Kovalchuk is a Professor, Board of Governors Chair in Cancer and Canadian Institute of Health Research Chair in Gender and Health at the University of Lethbridge. She is also a member of the Arnie Charbonneau Cancer Institute at the University of Calgary.
Dr. Kovalchuk has published over 120 peer-reviewed research articles and numerous abstracts and proceedings. She has been funded by many granting agencies, including Alberta Innovate Health Solutions, Alberta Cancer Board, Canadian Institute for Health Research, National Science and Engineering Research Council, US Department of Energy and several others.
Areas of Research
- Role of epigenetic dysregulation in carcinogenesis
- Epigenetic regulation of the cancer treatment responses
- Radiation epigenetics and role of epigenetic changes in genome stability and carcinogenesis
- Radiation-induced oncogenic signaling
- Radiation-induced DNA damage, repair and recombination
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.