Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Senior Communications Strategist, Haskayne School of Business
Doctor of Philosophy , University of Calgary, 2014
M.B.A. , University of New Brunswick, 2009
Dr. Oleksiy Osiyevskyy is an Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary. In his scholarship, Oleksiy concentrates on the problem of achieving and sustaining firm growth through successfully engaging in entrepreneurial strategies. Particular areas of expertise include analyzing and designing innovative business models, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of corporate innovation practices, and evidence-based strategies for developing high-growth new ventures. Dr. Osiyevskyy’s scholarly achievements were recognized with the prestigious Canadian Izaak Killam Memorial Scholarship (during his PhD studies), and numerous awards from the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship. Moreover, his research was included in the list of ‘research projects taking place at Canadian universities that teach important lessons for today's business leaders' by the Canadian Business Magazine. Before joining Haskayne School of Business, he was an Assistant Professor in the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Group of the D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University (Boston), from 2014 till 2017.
Areas of Research
Primary research interest:strategic entrepreneurship [entrepreneurial strategies for achieving and sustaining superior firm performance].
Research topics: business models (ontological perspective, structure, innovation, change, performance implications), corporate entrepreneurship & innovation (disruptive innovations, organizational drivers of innovativeness, innovation in crisis times), new venture development, corporate reputation, advanced statistics.
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|ENTI 601 LEC 02 02||Entrepreneurial Thinking||2020|
|ENTI 623 LEC 01 01||Creative Destruct Lab-Rockies||2021|
- Meyer, M.H., Osiyevskyy, O., Libaers, D., & van Hughten, M.. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 35(1). 66-87. (2018)
- Agarwal, J., Stackhouse, M., & Osiyevskyy, O. Journal of Business Ethics, 153(3). 889-910. (2018)
- Osiyevskyy, O. & Dewald, J.. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 9(1). 58-78. (2015)
- Agarwal, J., Osiyevskyy, O., & Feldman, P.M.. Journal of Business Ethics, 130(2). 485-506. (2015)
- L R Sheehan; Oleksiy Osiyevskyy; M Troshkova; Y Bao; A Presenza. IGI Global. 19-39. (2017)
- Loren Ellen Falkenberg; Oleksiy Osiyevskyy; John Bishop. IGI Global. 52-79. (2014)
- A A Camillo; M A Zargarzadeh; Oleksiy Osiyevskyy. Palgrave McMillan. 115-133. (2015)
- A Presse; M Chernenko; Oleksiy Osiyevskyy; V Biloshapka; O Terzidis. Springer. 49-68. (2018)
- A Presse; V Biloshapka; O Terzidis; M Chernenko; Oleksiy Osiyevskyy. Springer. 49-68. (2017)
- L R Sheehan; Y Bao; M Troshkova; Oleksiy Osiyevskyy; A Presenza. IGI Global. 19-39. (2018)
- J. Agarwal; D. Deephouse; N. Gardberg; W. Newburry; O. Osiyevskyy. Emerald. 25-Jan. (2019)
- J. Agarwal; O. Osiyevskyy; D. Deephouse; N. Gardberg; W. Newburry. Emerald. 25-Jan. (2017)
- Oleksiy Osiyevskyy; J M Munoz; Y Bao; A Naqvi; C M DaSilva. Anthem Press. (2020)