Dr. Mohammad Keyhani, PhD
Haskayne School of Business, Strategy and Global Management [SGMA]
Haskayne School of Business, Doctor of Business Administration [DBA]
B.Sc. Applied Mathematics, University of Tehran, 2006
Ph.D. Strategic Management, York University, 2014
M.Sc. Entrepreneurship, University of Tehran, 2008
Mohammad Keyhani is an Associate Professor and Area Chair in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary. His expertise lies in the areas of digital entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial strategy and generativity. Mohammad's research has been published in top tier peer-reviewed journals and presented in international conferences where he has received multiple best paper and best reviewer awards. Mohammad is also a no-code entrepreneur and founder of DigitVibe.com as well as an OnDeck No Code Fellow. His other experiences include roles such as business advisor to multiple startups, Lab Strategist at the Creative Destruction Lab Rockies, and a David Rockefeller Fellow at the Trilateral Commission. He received his doctorate in strategic management from the Schulich School of Business, York University in Toronto, Canada, and has a M.Sc. in Entrepreneurship and B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics, both from the University of Tehran, Iran.
Areas of Research
I'm interested in studying the ways in which digital technology supports, improves and changes the nature of entrepreneurship and innovation.
I'm interested in studying the ways in which no-code software development tools like Bubble.io, Softr.io, and Webflow enable different kinds of entrepreneurship and new kinds of entrepreneurs.
I'm interested in studying the ways in which companies can design and benefit from generative products and generativity advantages.
Participation in university strategic initiatives
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|ENTI 407 LEC 01 01||Technology for Entrepreneurs||2020|
|ENTI 79901 SEC 01 S01||Entrepreneurship:TheStateofArt||2020|
|MGST 59744 LEC 01 01||Directed Study in MGST||2020|
- Peak Scholar, University of Calgary. 2017
- Kauffman Foundation Promising Paper Award, Kauffman Foundation. 2014
- Global Strategy Journal Best Paper Award, Strategic Management Society. 2019
- David Rockefeller Fellowship, Trilateral Commission. 2017
In the News
- Professor Mohammad Keyhani on Generativity, The New Digital Pathway to Business Growth. Economics for Business Podcast.
- Professor Keyhani's expert testimony to the Parliament of Canada’s House of Commons Standing Committee on Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities (HUMA Committee). House of Commons.
- A digital survival kit for transitioning your course online. University Affairs.
- Digital technologies unlock profits by defying knowledge limitations. UToday.
- Small acts of defiance on social media help bring change to the Middle East. UToday.
- Researchers create app that identifies COVID-19 by coughs sounds. Mobile Syrup.
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.