Schulich School of Engineering, Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Western Ontario, 2006
Master of Engineering Science Chemical Engineering, University of Western Ontario, 2007
Doctor of Philosophy Chemical Engineering, University of Western Ontario, 2010
Areas of Research
The Trifkovic group investigates optimal design, operation and control of complex, non-linear engineering systems. Trifkovic’s group seeks solutions to these problems through a combination of theoretical and experimental research that enables transforming promising lab concepts into concrete solutions to pressing problems in energy sector.
The group focuses on connecting microstructure and rheology of complex fluids and soft matter as well as in-operando monitoring of electrochemical processes, polymer blend coarsening, and polymer flocculation. We develop new, state-of-the-art methods to probe these systems at an unprecedented level of detail and deepen our understanding of underlying phenomena which govern their bulk properties.
Our research areas are:
- Nanoparticle-stabilized emulsion and emulsion gels
- Polymer blends and polymer blend nanocomposites
- 4D (3D plus time) imaging of fast dynamic chemical processes
- Scale-dependent rheology of complex fluids and soft matter
- Quantum dots derived from waste materials
- Solid state batteries
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|ENCH 551 LAB 05 B05||ChemicalEngineeringLaboratory||2020|
|ENCH 551 LAB 06 B06||ChemicalEngineeringLaboratory||2020|
|ENGG 601 SEC 01 S01||Professional Development I||2020|
|ENCH 429||Process Dynamics and Control||2023|
|ENCH 317||Materials Science for Chemical Engineers||2022|
- Student Union Teaching Excellence Award (Engineering - Honourable Mention), The University of Calgary. 2016
- Excellence in Science and Technology Public Awareness, Alberta Science and Technology Leadership (ASTech) Foundation. 2017
- Airbus Global Engineering Deans Council (GEDC) Diversity Award , Airbus . 2017
- The Killam Award in Undergraduate Metnorship , The University of Calgary - Killam Trust . 2018
- Outstanding Role Model for Women from Academia - Society of Petroleum Engineers , SPE Chapter . 2018
- Team Teaching Award - Taylor Institute (2019), University of Calgary . 2019
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada - Discovery Supplement Accelerator Award , NSERC. 2020
- ASTech Foundation Award Finalist for Outstanding Achievement in Energy and Environmental Innovation (with EnviCore Inc.), 2021
- Schulich School of Engineering Faculty Fellowship, The University of Calgary . 2021
- Schulich School of Engineering Departmental Research Excellence Award for Chemical and PetroleumEngineering, The University of Calgary . 2022
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.