Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Senior Communications Strategist, Haskayne School of Business
Office: +1 (403) 220-6684
B.B.A. Administration, Concordia University, 1999
Doctor of Philosophy Administration, Concordia University, 2005
M.S. Administration, Concordia University, 2001
Mehdi Mourali is an associate professor of marketing at the Haskayne School of Business. His research focuses on understanding how people make judgments and decisions in the marketplace. In particular, his work investigates how psychological factors, such as motivation and affect, interact with environmental factors, such as the social and physical contexts, to influence consumer judgment and decision-making.
Mehdi’s research has been published in leading marketing journals, including the Journal of Marketing, the Journal of Consumer Research, and the Journal of Consumer Psychology. He has also presented his work at several national and international academic conferences. Mehdi serves on the editorial board of the Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, and as an ad-hoc reviewer for a number of publications, including the Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal of Marketing Research, and the Journal of Consumer Psychology.
His teaching interests include undergraduate and graduate courses in consumer behavior, decision making, strategic marketing and research methods. Prior to joining the Haskayne School of Business in 2007, he taught at the Whittemore School of Business and Economics, University of New Hampshire and lectured at the John Molson School of Business, Concordia University. He holds a PhD in administration, an MSc, and a Bachelor of Administration all from Concordia University.
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|MKTG 483 LEC 01 01||Buyer Behaviour||2020|
|MKTG 653 LEC 01 01||Buyer Behaviour||2020|
|MKTG 674 LEC 01 01||Consumer Insights||2021|
|MKTG 674 LEC 02 02||Consumer Insights||2021|
- Haskayne Research Professorship, 2014
- Deans award for outstanding new scholar (honorable mention), 2010
- Acadamy of Marketing Science / Mary Kay Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2006
- Joe Kelly Award, 2006
- Valedictorian at the Concordia University 2005 Fall Graduation Ceremony, 2005
- AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2004
- Rectors Academic Award for the varsity student with the highest academic achievenment, 2002
- Concordia University - Ph. D. program fellowship, 2001
- Rectors Academic Award for the varsity student with the highest academic achievenment, 2001
- Mourali, M., Yang, Z., Pons, F., and Hassay, D. International Journal of Reserch in Marketing, 35 (March). 81-99. (2018)
- Ma, Z., Yang, Z., and Mourali,. Journal of Marketing, 78 (March). 101-117. (2014)
- Mourali, M., and Yang, Z.. Journal of Consumer Research, 40 (October). 439-454. (2013)
- Mourali, M., and Nagpal, A.. Journal of Business Research, 66 (July). 874-880. (2013)
- Mourali, M., and Pons, F.. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 19 (October). 643-651. (2009)
- Mourali, M., Bӧckenholt, U., and Laroche, M.. Journal of Consumer Research, 34 (August). 234-247. (2007)
- Mehdi Mourali; Xianfang Zeng. (2018)
- James Agarwal; Xianfang Zeng; Mehdi Mourali. (2017)
- Carly Drake; Mehdi Mourali. (2018)