Dr. Meadow Schroeder, MSc., PhD, R Psych
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Werklund School of Education, Specialization, School and Applied Child Psychology
Graduate Program Director
PhD School & Child Applied Psychology, University of Calgary, 2010
M.Sc. School Psychology, University of Calgary, 2005
B.Sc. Psychology, University of Victoria, 2003
I am an Associate Professor in School and Applied Child Psychology (SACP) and the Graduate Program Director for Educational Psychology. I have experience coordinating blended (online and on-campus) programs in school and counselling psychology and currently teach in online and face-to-face formats. In my clinical work, I am interested in the assessment of adults and ADHD. My research interests fall within two areas. First, preparing students for the transition to postsecondary learning. This includes the fostering of self-regulated learning (e.g., coping, motivation, self-efficacy, metacognition) and identifying the needs of students with disabilities (e.g., learning disabilities, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder). Second, issues with formal cognitive and academic assessment such as effective teaching practices for graduate students and assessment with diverse populations (i.e., Indigenous students).
Areas of Research
- Developmental wellness and resiliency
- Post-secondary student learning and development
- Psychological assessment and diagnosis
- Student experience in higher education
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|EDPS 698 LAB 01 B01||Pre-Master's Internship||2021|
|EDPS 676 LAB 01 B01||Social, Emote, Behav Assess||2021|
|EDPS 676 LEC 01 01||Social, Emote, Behav Assess||2020|
|EDPS 684 LEC 01 01||Adv Sem Domains School Psyc||2020|
- 2021 Alberta Education: The effect of a self-regulated learning intervention on the mathematical functioning of students with learning disabilities. Principal Investigator.
- 2021 Learning Disabilities & ADHD Network, Calgary Region: Post-Secondary Success: Navigating the Transition for Students with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Learning Disabilities Online Tutorial. Co-investigator.
- 2021 Alberta Ministries of Justice and Education: Student-on-student Violence in Alberta’s Public and Separate Schools: The Perspectives of School Teachers and School Administrators. Co-investigator
- 2021 Mitacs Accelerate: The experiences of Indigenous school psychology trainees working with Indigenous communities. Principal supervisor
- 2019 University students' time management, coping, self-efficacy, and self-compassion: Correlations with well-being. Principal investigator
- 2019 Parent and child perspectives on the individual education plan process and outcomes. Principal investigator
- University of Calgary Teaching Award for Educational Leadership (Group), University of Calgary. 2019
- University of Calgary Award for Teaching in Online Environments, University of Calgary. 2014
- Schroeder, M., Tourigny, E., Bird, S., Ottmann, J., Jeary, J., Mark, D., Kootenay, C., Graham, S., & McKeough, A. (2021)
- Schroeder, M., Bird, S., Drefs, M. A., & Zwiers, M. In S. Bisson, C. Sinclair, & I. Djuraskovic (Eds.), Counselling ethics from the margins: The lived experiences of practitioners. Accepted for publication. (2021)
- Schroeder, M., Matyjanka, O., Albrecht, K., & Hindes, Y. Presentation at CSSE [online]. (2021)
- Schroeder, M., Tourigny, E., Bird, S., Ottmann, J., Jeary, J., Mark, D., Kootenay, C., Graham, S., & McKeough, A. Presentation at CSSE [online]. (2021)
- Schroeder, M.,Drefs, M. A., & Zwiers, M. Canadian Journal of School Psychology, 35(3). 175-196. (2020)
- Schroeder, M., Matyjanka, O., Albrecht, K., & Hindes, Y. The Virtual 25th Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health, National Center for School Mental Health. (2020)
- Schroeder, M. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 15(1). 15(1), 54–61. (2019)
- Schroeder, M., & West, A. Annotated Bibliography. Retrieved . (2019)
- Schroeder, M., Makarenko, E., & Warren, K. Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. 10(2). (2019)
- Drefs, M. A., Schroeder, M., Andrews, J., & Cormier, D. Paper presentation at National Association of School Psychology, Altanta, GA. (2019)
In the News
- Personal experience guides research. UToday. (2021)
- A blended solution to serving indigenous students. . Inside Higher Education. (2018)
- Fourteen signs your daughter may have ADHD. Conversation Canada. (2017)