Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Associate Dean, Teaching and Learning
Haskayne School of Business
Senior Communications Strategist, Haskayne School of Business
B.A. Psychology, University of Calgary, 2000
M.B.A. Human Resources, University of Calgary, 2007
Leighton Wilks is a Senior Instructor and PhD candidate in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources. His research interests include corporate social responsibility, strategic partnerships, cross-cultural management, international human resources management, negotiation, and ethics.
Leighton has a significant consulting background in diverse areas including real estate development, strategic planning, and cross-cultural training.
Leighton has received several academic awards and scholarships, including the Robert A. Wilson Doctoral Management Scholarship, the Human Resources Association of Calgary Graduate Scholarship, the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship and the J. Armand Bombardier Internationalist Fellowship. In 2019 he was inducted into the University of Calgary Students' Union Teaching Excellence Hall of Fame and also received a Calgary Award for Community Achievement in Education.
Leighton holds a MBA (thesis-based) and a BA in Psychology from the University of Calgary. His dissertation research looks at corporate social responsibility within the oil and gas industry, with a specific focus on strategic partnerships that are enacted to achieve social value.
- X-Culture 25 Best Instructors Award, X-Culture. 2019
- Calgary Award - Community Achievement Awards (Education), City of Calgary. 2019
- Commerce Undergraduate Society (CUS) Superior Service Award, Commerce Undergraduate Society. 2019
- University of Calgary Students’ Union Teaching Excellence Award (Hall of Fame), University of Calgary Students’ Union. 2019
- X-Culture 25 Best Instructors Award, X-Culture. 2018
- Commerce Undergraduate Society (CUS) Undergraduate Teaching Award, Commerce Undergraduate Society & Haskayne Students' Association. 2018
- Dean's Award - Teaching Excellence, Haskayne School of Business. 2018
- Haskayne Teaching Fellowship, Haskayne School of Business. 2017
- University of Calgary Internationalization Achievement Award – Academic Staff Member (New), University of Calgary. 2018
- University of Calgary Students’ Union Teaching Excellence Award, University of Calgary Students’ Union. 2018