Kathryn Bauer, BA
Global Learning Advisor
University of Calgary International
BA Anthropology, University of Calgary, 2017
Originally from Calgary, Kathryn spent a couple years studying, living, and travelling across Northern Europe while completing their degree. Favourite memories include volunteering with refugee communities, sailing in icy autumn lakes, mentoring ESL learners in creative writing, singing with Swedish choirs, hiking along a chain of ancient burial mounds, and learning how to make jam! During this time, she also completed a thesis on Sámi relational spirituality & healing practices, which was presented at the Research in Religious Studies conference held at the University of Lethbridge.
Through their experiences with international communities both at home and abroad, Kathryn discovered a passion for supporting others in seeking new perspectives on the world. This led them to volunteer and later work at UCalgary International, where she has now been an advisor for 6 years. Kathryn is enthusiastic about connecting with diverse student groups and improving access to international programs.
Languages spoken: English, Swedish
- Log in to the Advising Portal.
- From the left-hand menu, select "Advising", then "Study Abroad". Read the introductory text, then select "Study Abroad Appointment Calendar".
- Select "Book by Provider" to view Kathryn's calendar and make an appointment.
While Global Learning Advisors can provide general information about all programs, Kathryn is the advisor for these specific programs.
- Exchange opportunities in:
- Australia and New Zealand
- South Africa
- Research & internship opportunities in:
- Europe (including the United Kingdom)
- Select 2024 Group Study Programs:
- Panama Primatology
- Tropical Biodiversity and Conservation in Belize
- Ecocriticism and the Ancient City in Italy/Greece
- Technical Electives for ESE Students in Switzerland
To view each program's webpage, or browse all available programs, use the online Program Finder!
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.