Jian (Ray) Zhang
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Senior Communications Strategist, Haskayne School of Business
B.B.A. , Northeastern University, 2005
Doctor of Philosophy , University of Calgary, 2013
M.B.A. , Northeastern University, 2007
Jian (Ray) Zhang earned his Ph.D. in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering from the University of Calgary. Before joining Haskayne School of Business, Ray was a postdoc at COSMO – the stochastic mine planning laboratory, McGill University. At the time, his research focused on applying the large-scale optimization methods (Benders decomposition, column generation) to the optimization of mineral value chain integrating upstream resource uncertainty and downstream market uncertainty. Ray’s current research interests includes platform mediated economy, the interaction between blockchain-based systems and conventional systems, and the value of information in supply chain managment.
- Insight Development Grant (IDG) The Impact of Decentralized Autonomous Organization on Data Economy, SSHRC. 2020
- IDG Enhancement Grant , SSHRC. 2019
- Dean’s Publication Award, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary. 2019
- University Research Grant Committee (URGC) Explore Faculty Seed Grant: The Impact of Blockchain on Multi‐sided platforms, SSHRC. 2019
- Dean’s Research Excellence Grant, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary. 2017
- Zhang, Zhang, Jian, Barrie R. Nault, and Roussos G. Dimitrakopoulos. European Journal of Operational Research (EJOR), 274.1. 227-239. (2019)
- Zhang, Jian, and Roussos G. Dimitrakopoulos. Journal of the Operational Research Society 69.6. 864-875. (2018)
- Zhang, Jian, and Roussos G. Dimitrakopoulos. European Journal of Operational Research 258.2. 617-625. (2017)
- Zhang, Jian, Barrie R. Nault, and Yiliu Tu. International Journal of Production Economics 169. 31-43. (2015)
- Zhang, Jian, Wensheng Yang, and Yiliu Tu. Computers & Operations Research 40.7. 1758-1765. (2013)
- Zhang, Jian, Barrie R. Nault, Wensheng Yang, and Yiliu Tu. International Journal of Production Economics139.1. 275-287. (2012)
- Zhang, Jian, Xiao Liu, and Y. L. Tu. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 54.5-8. 757-766. (2012)
- Liu, Xiao, Yiliu Tu, and Jian Zhang. International Journal of Production Research 46.18. 5059-5074. (2008)