Dr. Jennifer Jackson, PhD RN
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Faculty of Nursing
Office Hours as requested, available M-F
PhD Nursing Research, King's College London, 2020
MN Athabasca University, 2016
BSN Nursing with Honours, St. Francis Xavier Univeristy, 2009
Jennifer Jackson is a Registered Nurse and an Assistant Professor at the University of Calgary.
Jennifer has nursing experience in nephrology, intensive care, education, and management. She earned a PhD at the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care, at King’s College London, supported by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Her research interest is supporting nurses and improving health systems, currently focusing on community based addiction services.
Jennifer is also a thought leader on digital technologies in healthcare. Her projects include using social media for professional action and creating a video game for healthcare providers.
Jennifer has been awarded the St. Catherine Medal of Honour and received the Rising Star Award from the Athabasca University Alumni Association. She hopes to make a positive difference for nurses and patients around the world.
Areas of Research
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|NURS 611 LEC 01 01||Theoretical Knowledge for Nursing Practice||Fall 2021|
|NURS 485 L01||Discipline and Profession in Nursing: Research methods||Fall 2021|
- Rising Star Award, Athabasca University Alumni Association, Athabasca University. 2018
- Cultural Institute Arts and Wellbeing Programme, University of London - King's College. 2017
- Athabasca University Graduate Level Student Bursary, Athabasca University. 2015
- The Military Nurses Association Award, Canadian Nurses Foundation. 2015
- The Extendicare Scholarship, Canadian Nursing Foundation. 2014
- National Canadian Millennium Scholarship Laureate, Canadian Millennium Scholarships. 2009
- Dr. Ed O'Connor ScholarshipSt. Francis Xavier University Calgary Alumni Association, St. Francis Xavier University. 2009