B.A.H. English Lang & Or Literature, Trent University, 1988
Doctor of Philosophy English Lang & Or Literature, University of Western Ontario, 1996
M.A. English Lang & Or Literature, Queen's University, 1989
My research and teaching address medieval performance and dramatic productions, theatre and performance history, medieval manuscript and textual studies, women's literacy and literary habits, and the patronage, production and transmission of manuscripts for/by women in the late Middle Ages, especially the work of Margery Kempe and Julian of Norwich. My work resides in the broader interdisciplinary fields of performance studies, feminism and gender studies, cultural, social and religious histories, codicology and book history.
I supervise projects in all areas of medieval literature as well as performance studies, especially in the areas listed in the research description above. Recent graduate supervisions have focused on medieval dramatic texts, the York cycle, Margery Kempe and Julian Norwich and other women mystics and visionaries, devotional vernacular writing such as saints’ lives, manuscript studies, and contemporary re-enactments of medieval narratives and LARP. I have frequently co-supervised or served on supervisory committees for early modern projects and contemporary performance projects. If you are interested in discussing potential honours or graduate projects with me, I invite you to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|ENGL 609.79 SEC 02 S02||The Global Middle Ages||BW 2021|
|ENGL 253.02 Lec 02||Studies in Genre--Poetry||Winter 2022|
- J. Jenkins and Julie Sanders, co-editors. Palgrave. (2014)
- J. Jenkins and Mary Polito, co-editors. The Malone Society Publications. (2011)
- J. Jenkins and Olivier Bertrand. Brepols. (2007)
- Nicholas Watson and J. Jenkins, co-editors. Penn State Press. (2006)
- J. Jenkins and Katherine Lewis, co-editors. Brepols (Medieval Women: Texts and Contexts 8). (2003)
- Rachel Arteaga, Jacqueline Jenkins, Peter Kalliney, Jené Schoenfeld, co-authors. MLA publications (forthcoming Fall). (2022)
- J. Jenkins and Gordon Tapper, co-editors. ADE Bulletin 160 (MLA publications; forthcoming Fall). (2022)
In the News
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.