Dr. Heather Bensler, RN MSN EdD
Associate Professor (Teaching)
Faculty of Nursing, Faculty
Assistant Dean - Academic Partnerships
Faculty of Nursing
EdD Curriculum and Learning , University of Calgary , 2022
MSN , Trinity Western University, 2014
BN , University of Calgary, 1996
Dr. Heather Bensler joined the Faculty of Nursing in August 2017 as a tenure-track assistant professor (teaching) and the Director of Indigenous Initiatives with a focus on faculty and curriculum development. She is the Assistant Dean Academic Partnerships for the Faculty of Nursing. In this role, She is responsible for ongoing development, sustainment, and extension of collaborative partnerships with rural and Indigenous academic partners in the profession of undergraduate nursing educational programs.
Areas of Research
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|NURS 288 LEC 01 01||Supporting Health I||Fall 2022|
- Students' Union Teaching Excellence Award- Nursing, University of Calgary . 2022
- Pursuit of Excellence Award: Undergraduate Teaching , Faculty of Nursing - University of Calgary. 2020
- Students' Union Teaching Excellence Award- Nursing, University of Calgary Students' Union . 2019
- University of Calgary Peak Scholar Award, University of Calgary . 2019
- Pursuit of Excellence Award: Team Award , Faculty of Nursing- Univesrity of Calgary . 2019
- Favouring participatory approaches to action research in countering anti- Indigenous racism. . Bensler, H.. Multicultural Education.. 48. (2020)
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health . Josephine Etowa; Heather Diane Bensler; Aliyah Dosani. Pearson. (2019)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.