Dr. Hamidreza (Hamid) Zareipour, PhD, Peng, FIEEE
Schulich School of Engineering, Department of Electrical and Software Engineering
Professional Engineer, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), 2008
Fellow, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2020
PhD Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo (Ontario, Canada),
MSc Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tabriz (Iran), 1997
BSc Electrical and Computer Engineering, K.N. Toosi University of Technology (Iran), 1995
Areas of Research
I apply the advancements in mathematical optimization under uncertainty and artificial intelligence in the following areas:
-Electrical Grid Transformation
- Energy Storage
- Wind and solar energy
- Carbon Capture
- Electrification of Transportation
-Competitive Electricity Markets
- Short-term asset operation optimization
- Long-term techno-economical feasibility, sizing, and siting optimization
- Energy cost management for the demand side
- Emission response planning and optimization
-Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for Electrical Grids
- Energy price modeling and forecasting
- Energy demand modeling and forecasting
- Energy production forecasting for variable generation (wind/solar)
Participation in university strategic initiatives
Dr. Zareipour works on operation and planning of electrical power and energy systems.
For graduate studies opportunities, please visit Dr. Zareipour's personal webpage. He announces available positions there and on his LinkedIn page.
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.