Dr. Gregory Tweedie
Werklund School of Education, Specialization, Language and Literacy
Doctor of Philosophy Education, Univ of Southern Queensland, 2013
Dr. Gregory Tweedie holds a PhD in Education (Applied Linguistics focus) from the University of Southern Queensland. His teaching and research draw heavily upon his experiences as a language teacher and language teacher trainer in East, Southeast and Central Asia, the Middle East, Canada, and his native Australia.
Areas of Research
Dr. Gregory Tweedie’s research program, in the field of applied linguistics, focuses on the phenomena of the English language as communicative vehicle in international professional contexts, for people from differing first language (L1) backgrounds. He has a particular interest in how the affordances of technologies such as natural language processing, machine learning and deep neural networks might assist in more accurate assessment of language.
- Applied linguistics
- Comparative and international education
- Dialects in education
- English as a Lingua franca in health care
- English as an additional/global language
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence for language learning and testing
- Preparing teachers for ELLs
- Second language teaching and learning
Participation in university strategic initiatives
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|EDER 602 LEC 04 04||Program & Practice Evaluation||2020|
|EDER 604 LEC 02 02||Collaboratory of Practice||2020|
|EDUC 55604 SEC 02 S02||Prof Learning K-12 (Comm)||2021|
- Variability in measures of English Language Proficiency: test-taker perceptions of environmental influences and cross-assessment test correlation
- Tri-Council SSHRC Partnership Engage grant: Improving language assessment for internationally educated nurses in Canada: a concurrent validity study of two proficiency tests
- University of Calgary Award for Teaching in Online Environments, Taylor Institute of Teaching and Learning. 2020
- Dedicated Teacher Award (nominee), Cambridge University Press. 2022
- M. Gregory Tweedie; Robert C. Johnson. Springer. 101-113. (2021)
- Bhowmik, S., Chaudhuri, A., Tweedie, M.G., Kim, M. & Liu, X.. Writing & Pedagogy. 223-255. (2021)
- M. Gregory Tweedie & Robert C. Johnson. DeGruyter Mouton. (2022)
- Gregory Maurice Tweedie; Robert Johnson. Cambridge Scholars. (2022)
- M Gregory Tweedie; Sarah E Eaton; N Simmons; Jennifer Vivian Lock; Erin Spring; Roswita Dressler; Y Kjorlien. Brill/Sense Publishers. (2019)
- M Gregory Tweedie; Robert C Johnson. Palgrave. 65--77. (2018)
- M. Gregory Tweedie; Robert Johnson. TESOL Arabia. 36-53. (2017)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.