Professor Giovani J. C. da Silveira, PhD Industrial and Business Studies
Haskayne School of Business, Operations and Supply Chain Management [OSCM]
Office: +1 (403) 220-6975
For media enquiries, contact
Senior Communications Strategist, Haskayne School of Business
B.B.A. Business Administration, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, 1992
M.Sc. Industrial Engineering, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, 1994
Ph.D. Industrial and Business Studies, University of Warwick, 1997
Giovani da Silveira is Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management at the University of Calgary. He teaches operations management, service operations, procurement, and theory building in the Haskayne School of Business PhD, DBA, MBA and Bachelor of Commerce programs.
Giovani is a researcher in the areas of operations strategy, mass customization, servitization and supply chain management. He has published numerous articles in the International Journal of Production Economics, Journal of Operations Management, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Technovation, and European Journal of Operational Research, among other journals. He has co-edited (with F. Fogliatto) the book Mass Customization: Engineering and Managing Global Operations published by Springer-Verlag. He has more than 5400 citations to his work in Google Scholar.
Dr. da Silveira is Associate Editor of the Journal of Operations Management. He has served in the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) as Adjudication Committee Member, and as External Reviewer for graduate program proposals by universities in Alberta, Ontario, and Manitoba in Canada.
He has professional awards including a Finalist paper in the 2020 Operational Excellence College’s Best Paper competition (Production and Operations Management Society) with R. Sousa, A. Camanho, C. Silva and B. Arabi, the 2010 Outstanding Paper Award from the International Journal of Operations and Production Management with B. Snider and J. Balakrishnan, the 2008 Chris Voss Highly Commended Award with R. Sousa at the 15th International Annual EurOMA Conference in Groningen, and a 2007 Best Reviewers Award with the Journal of Operations Management.
- Finalist, Operational Excellence College’s Best Paper Competition, Production and Operations Management Society (with R. Sousa, A. Camanho, C. Silva and B. Arabi), 2020
- Dedicated Book Chapter in: F. Piller and D. Walcher. Leading Mass Customization and Personalization - 24 Expert Interviews. Think Consult, Aachen, 2017
- Honorable Mention (second best paper), 2014 International Symposium on Supply Chain Management, Edmonton, Canada. (with F.S. Fogliatto and M.C.N. Gramani), 2014
- International Journal of Operations & Production Management Outstanding Paper Award (with B. Snider and J. Balakrishnan), 2010
- The Chris Voss Highly Commended Award. Second best paper at 15th International Annual EurOMA Conference, Groningen, the Netherlands (with R. Sousa), 2008
- Best Reviewers Award, Journal of Operations Management, 2007
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.