Dr. Fiona Schulte, PhD, RPsych
Registered Psychologist, College of Alberta Psychologists,
BAH Psychology, Honours, Queen's University, 2001
MA Clinical Psychology, York University, 2004
PhD Health and Behavioral Science, University of Toronto, 2009
Fiona Schulte is an Associate Professor in the Department of Oncology, Division of Psychosocial Oncology in the Cumming School of Medicine at the University of Calgary. She is also a registered psychologist in the Hematology, Oncology and Transplant Program at the Alberta Children’s Hospital. Fiona’s research is broadly interested in enhancing the patient and family experience for children, adolescents and young adults diagnosed with cancer and improving the psychosocial late effects of childhood cancer survivors and also examines the experiences of youth diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease. Fiona is Past President of the Canadian Association of Psychosocial Oncology. She is also a member of a number of national and international committees focused on improving the care of children, adolescents and young adults and their families diagnosed with oncologic or hematological conditions including the Children’s Oncology Group Long-Term Follow-Up Guidelines psychosocial task force.
Participation in university strategic initiatives
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|MDSC 535/635||Psychosocial Oncology||Fall 2022|
- Research Excellence Award, Canadian Association of Psychosocial Oncology. 2022
- Young Investigator Award , University of Calgary - Department of Oncology. 2019
- Young Investigator Award, International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP). 2018
- Hiroomi Kawano New Investigator Award, International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS) . 2018
- Top 40 Under 40, Avenue Magazine. 2017
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.