Dr. Derek Scott Chapman, Ph.D.
I'm looking for...
Seeking funding for use of technology in recruiting projects.
B.A. Psychology, Saint Mary's University, 1989
Doctor of Philosophy Psychology, University of Waterloo, 2000
M.A. Psychology, University of Waterloo, 1997
Areas of Research
Factors influencing Organizational choices for applicants and strategies to attract job candidates.
Impact of technology on the Employee Recruitment process.
Factors influencing employee turnover and employee retention strategies.
Understanding the process and consequences of employee fit. How to measure and predict fit in organizations.
I study how employers use various tools and technologies to hire candidates including job interviews, tests, personality and so forth.
How do employers use technology such as Artificial Intelligence, Videoconferencing, Online testing etc. in the hiring process.
Participation in university strategic initiatives
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|PSYC 739 SEC 01 S01||Sem Industrial/Organiz Psyc||2020|
|PSYC 321 LEC 01 01||Industrial & Org Psychology||2020|
|PSYC 48301 LEC 01 01||Personnel Selection||2021|
|PSYC 50469 LAB 12 B12||Research in Psychology||2020|
|PSYC 50469 LAB 12 B12||Research in Psychology||2021|
|PSYC 639 LEC 01 01||Adv Industrial & Organize Psyc||2021|
|PSYC 50469 LEC 12 12||Research in Psychology||2021|
- Best Canadian Master's Thesis related to Human Resource Management, HRRO and Mercer Consulting. 1998
- Best Canadian Ph.D. Dissertation related to Human Resource Management 2001, HRRO. 2001
- Top 50 Business Article published, Emerald Management Reviews. 2004
- Finalist- Top Academic Article published in I/O Psychology, 2006, SIOP. 2006
In the News
- Telus Spark after Dark- Guest Speaker on Games Used in Personnel Selection. (2022)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.