Cynthia Joy Prasow
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Director, Student Experiences
Werklund School of Education, Undergraduate Programs in Education
MEd, Curriculum and Instruction-Early Childhood Education, University of Calgary, 1992
BEd, Early Childhood Education, University of Alberta, 1973
Cynthia’s work has been focusing on the areas of research initiatives for faculty, schools and the community. Cynthia is the Director of Student Experiences in the Werklund School of Education in the Undergraduate Programs in Education at the University of Calgary. In this capacity she works closely with faculty and students. Her area of Specialization is in Early Childhood Education (BEd, MEd) and she is recognized as an expert in this area. She has taught a variety of courses within the Werklund School of Education and previously taught grades K-3 in both private and public systems.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Cynthia Prasow represents the Werklund School of Education on the Early Childhood Education Provincial Executive Committee and the Early Learning Collaborative Community Committee of the Calgary Regional Consortium. She continues to offer her expertise in early learning and parenting to both the public and private organizations and schools.
As well she is a member of the Education Committee of the Calgary Jewish Federation.
Areas of Research
Cynthia’s research focus is on early learning and education and collaborative research initiatives among schools, communities and universities.
- Early childhood education
- Collaborative research initiatives among schools, communities and universities
- Mentoring student teachers
- Children's literature
- Order of the University of Calgary, University of Calgary. 2019
- Education Award, City of Calgary. 2018
- The Shem Tov 2016 Award, Calgary Jewish Federation. 2016
- Early Childhood Education Provincial Achievement Award, Alberta Teachers’ Association. 2014
- U Make a Difference Award, Werklund School of Education. 2011
- Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Calgary. 2007
- Bailey, D. & Prasow, C. Alberta Teachers’ Association. (2018)
- Prasow, C. Early Childhood Education Council Newsletter, Alberta Teachers’ Association. (2015)
- Makovich, L. Hewes, J., LIrett, P., & Thomas, N. Acknowledged in the book as contributing as Academic Faculty from the University of Calgary. (2014)
- Jane Hewes, Anna Kirova, Cynthia Prasow. Galileo Network. (2012)
In the News
- Cynthia Prasow receives the Order of the University of Calgary. University of Calgary. (2019)