Dr. Cheryl Barnabe, MD MSc FRCPC
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Cumming School of Medicine, Department of Medicine
Cumming School of Medicine, Department of Community Health Sciences
McCaig Institute for Bone and Joint Health
B.Sc Science, University of Manitoba, 1999
B.Sc Medicine, University of Manitoba, 2003
Doctor of Medicine University of Manitoba, 2003
M.Sc Clinical Epidemiology, University of Calgary, 2011
Dr. Cheryl Barnabe is a Professor in the Departments of Medicine and Community Health Sciences, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary. She holds leadership roles at the University of Calgary as Vice-Chair for Indigenous Health in the Department of Medicine, and as the Deputy Director for the McCaig Institute for Bone and Joint Health. She is a Canada Research Chair in Rheumatoid Arthritis and Autoimmune Diseases, and her research program focusses on equity in health service delivery and arthritis outcomes, most specifically for Indigenous populations in Canada.
- O'Brien Institute Mid-Career Research Leader Award, O'Brien Institute for Public Health, University of Calgary. 2021
- Watanabe Distinguished Achievement Award, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary. 2021
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Award, Department of Medicine, University of Calgary. 2020
- Canada Research Chair, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Autoimmune Diseases (Tier 2), Canadian Institutes of Health Research. 2018
- College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists, Royal Society of Canada. 2018
- New Investigator, Community-Based Primary Health Care, Canadian Institutes of Health Research. 2015
- Young Investigator Award, Canadian Rheumatology Association. 2014