Haskayne School of Business, Operations and Supply Chain Management [OSCM]
Haskayne School of Business, Executive MBA [EMBA]
Haskayne Teaching Fellow
Haskayne School of Business
B.B.A. Comm, Manag & Bus Admin, Wilfrid Laurier University, 1997
M.B.A. Comm, Manag & Bus Admin, University of Calgary, 2004
Brent is a Teaching Professor in the operations and supply chain management area. He has been teaching at the Haskayne School of Business since 2003. Brent graduated with distinction from Wilfrid Laurier University's Honours Bachelor of Business Administration program in 1997. He obtained the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation from The Society of Management Accountants of Ontario in 2000. In 2004, Brent completed the MBA thesis program at University of Calgary's Haskayne School of Business, majoring in operations management. Prior to joining Haskayne, Brent worked in the automotive industry with Linamar, the injection molding industry with Husky Injection Molding Systems, and the ERP software industry with Navision Software (now Microsoft Dynamics) and as an implementation project manager.
Brent teaches in the areas of operations management, supply chain management, and project management for the undergraduate and Executive MBA program.
Brent's research interests now focus on Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL), specifically innovative pedagogical approaches for management education. His work has been published in Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education (DSJIE), INFORMS Transactions on Education (ITE), and the International Journal of Operations and Production Management (IJOPM).
Brent has won numerous awards for his teaching (nine), research (four), and service (one) to date. His inquiry learning intermodal supply chain exercise won the Nigel Slack teaching innovation award at the international EurOMA 2017 conference in Edinburgh, Scotland and his paper “ERP implementation at SMEs: analysis of five Canadian cases” won the Outstanding Paper Award from the International Journal of Operations & Production Management (IJOPM) for 2010.
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|OPMA 317 LEC 03 03||Fund Op & Supply Chain Mgmt||2020|
|OPMA 317 LEC 04 04||Fund Op & Supply Chain Mgmt||2020|
|OPMA 317 LEC 05 05||Fund Op & Supply Chain Mgmt||2020|
- Dean's Mixed Team Award 2018 (honourable mention), Haskayne School of Business (Dean Dewald). 2019
- University of Calgary Teaching Award - Full Time Academic Staff (Senior Instructor), University of Calgary. 2018
- EurOMA 2017 Best Paper - Teaching, European Operations Management Association (EurOMA). 2017
- EurOMA 2018 Best Paper - Teaching (Highly Commended), European Operations Management Association (EurOMA). 2018
- Nominated for Students Union Teaching Excellence Award, University of Calgary Students Union. 2017
- Nigel Slack Teaching Innovation Award, European Operations Management Association (EurOMA). 2017
- University of Calgary Students Union Teaching Excellence Award (Honourable Mention), 2015
- Commerce Undergraduate Society Award Outstanding Teaching & Learning, 2014
- University of Calgary Students Union Teaching Excellence Award, 2014
- Deans Award for Outstanding Leadership in Teaching and Learning, 2013
- Deans Award for Research Contributions by Instructors, 2013
- 2010 Oustanding Paper Award (International Journal of Operations & Production Management), 2010
- Haskayne Superior Service Award - Faculty Member (2009-2010), 2010
- Commerce Undergraduate Society Award - Outstanding Teaching & Learning (2008-2009), 2009
- MBA Society Award - Oustanding Teaching & Learning (2008-2009), 2009
- Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence, 2007
- Students' Union Teaching Excellence Award - Honourable Mention, 2007
- Snider, B., Southin, N., Weaver, S.. INFORMS Transactions on Education, Vol. 17, No. 2. 43-48. (2017)
- Snider, B. & Southin, N.. Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 14, No. 3. 262-272. (2016)
- Snider, B. & Eliasson, J.. Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Vol. 11, No. 2. 147-157. (2013)
- da Silveira, G., Snider, B., Balakrishnan, J.. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol. 33, No. 4. 415-441. (2013)
- Snider, B., Balakrishnan, J.. INFORMS Transactions on Education, Vol. 13, No. 3. 152-161. (2013)
- Snider, B., da Silveira, G., Balakrishnan, J.. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 29 (1). 4-29. (2009)
- Jacobs, Chase, Balakrishnan, Snider. McGraw-Hill Ryerson. (2013)
- Eliasson, J., & Snider, B.. Financial Times Press,. 111-116. (2013)
- Rosanna Cole; Brent R Snider. Proceedings of 25th International Annual EurOMA Conference. (2018)
- Brent R Snider; Rosanna Cole. Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) International Conference. (2017)
- Cameron Neil Welsh; Brent R Snider. RMLE. 29. (2017)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.