Dr. Belinda Heyne, PhD
Bach of Education Education, University of Liege, 1997
B.S. Mathematics, University of Liege, 1997
Doctor of Philosophy Science, University of Liege, 2004
Belinda graduated with a PhD degree in Science from the University of Liege (Belgium) in 2004. She then moved to Canada as a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Ottawa where she worked under the supervision of Dr. Tito Scaiano. In 2007, she started her independent career at the University of Calgary in the Department of Chemistry and moved to the rank of Associated Professor in 2013. Her research work lies in photochemistry and photobiology, with a particular interest in the production of singlet oxygen to solve society grand challenges.
Areas of Research
Our research is highly multidisciplinary from synthesis to cell culture, our aim is to use photochemistry to understand and control the production of reactive oxygen species in biological environment.
- Great Supervisor Award, University of Calgary. 2018
- Peak Scholar, University of Calgary. 2018
- 2014 CNC-IUPAC travel award, 2014
- Finalists for the Supervisory Excellence Award, 2011
- University Paris-Sud Invited Professor Scholarship, 2010
- IUPAC Young Chemist Award, 2009
In the News
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.