Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
Canadian Institute of Resources Law
Faculty of Law
Strategy and Global Managment
LLM University of Denver, 2003
LLB University of Calgary, 1990
BSc University of Calgary, 1985
BA Political Science, University of Alberta, 1979
Allan joined the Faculty of Law in 2008. He is the editor of the Canadian Energy Law Service (Carswell). He holds memberships in the Canadian Bar Association, the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, the Academy of Legal Studies in Business, and the Law Society of Alberta. He has lectured on energy and environmental regulation in Lima, Peru; Houston, Texas; Delhi, India, Beijing, China, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Colombia and Doha, Qatar.
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Academy of Legal Studies in Business
Journals in which Allan has published scholarly papers include the Journal of Energy and Natural Resources Law; Oil, Gas and Energy Law (OGEL); Journal of World Energy Law and Business; Natural Resources Journal; Law, Environment and Development Journal; Environmental Liability: Law, Policy and Practice and the Energy Law Journal. His research focuses on comparative energy and environmental law, comparative mining law, regulation of the Canadian energy and mining sectors, renewable energy law and heritage resources law.
Allan is the General Editor, Canada Energy Law Service, published by Carswell, Thomson Reuters (Toronto), 2012 – present. He is currently co-editing the book "L'environnement au Tribunal" and the 2nd volume of Environment in the Courtroom.
Areas of Research
- Great Supervisor Award, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Calgary . 2018
- Willoughby Prize for an article of Outstanding Merit, Journal of Energy and Natural Resources Law. 2018
- Great Supervisor Award, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Calgary. 2015
- Dean's Award for Outstanding Leadership in Teaching and Learning, University of Calgary. 2009
- Dean's Award Teaching Excellence (HM), University of Calgary. 2001
- Students' Union Teaching Excellence Award (HM), University of Calgary. 1994
- Allan Ingelson. 25(5) Environmental Liability – Law, Policy and Practice. 187-199. (2020)
- Allan Ingelson. 38(1) Journal of Energy and Natural Resources Law. 23-46. (2020)
- Allan Ingelson. 11(4) Journal of Energy Law and Business. 294-313. (2019)
- Allan Ingelson. 35(2) Journal of Energy and Natural Resources Law. 109-146. (2017)
- Allan Ingelson, ed.. University of Calgary Press. (2019)
- Allan Ingelson and Chilenye Nwapi. in The Environment, Legal Issues and Critical Policies: An African Perspective. (2018)
- Allan Ingelson and Christopher Phillips. in Sustainable Energy Mix in Island Environments: Frameworks & Perspectives. (2018)
- Allan Ingelson and Mary-Ellen Tyler. in Sustainable Energy Mix in Island Environments: Frameworks & Perspectives. (2018)
- 7th Shale Water Management Congress. (2019)
- Water Management for Western Canada’s Tight Oil and Gas Plays Conference. (2018)
- Enforcing Canadian GHG Emissions Law. (2018)
- Alberta Energy Deep Geothermal Energy Policy Consultation Workshop. (2018)
- Resources for the Future. (2018)
- Visiting delegation of 23 senior executives from the India Oil & Natural Gas Commission, Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. (2018)
- Global Lawyers of Canada. (2017)
In the News
- ‘Heat highway’: opportunity or danger?. The Western Producer. (2020)